Saturday, October 25, 2008

Orion...God's place in the heavens

I read a book some years ago from Ellen White and in one section she mentions that the Lord lives just beyond the middle star of the belt of Orion. Whether that's true or not you decide. From my experience, I am completely certain the New Jerusalem is behind the magnificent middle star of Orion.

Some people claim He lives far away in space, which in a physical sense is true. However, when I see the constellation of Orion, when I hear stories of God's work among the people of the earth, and when I experience the Holy Spirit working in my life, I know He is actually close to us. In fact, if we allow Him, He lives right in our hearts. Yes, His throne is in space, beyond the star, but He sees and hears us as if He is in our very presence.

He lives beyond the middle star of the belt of Orion. His throne is in a splendid city called Heaven. His presence is felt by those whose hearts are honest and true to Him. The Holy Spirit works on each and every heart that beats; He looks upon each child of Earth as His own. He is close to us. His love is amazingly beautiful that we will never comprehend the magnitude of it.

I look into the heavens, I see the grand belt of Orion, and I wave. He sees me, waves back and smiles. I can just imagine Him proclaiming, "Hey look! There is my daughter! She is waving at me and My heart is moved!" I in return feel an awesome presence surround me as I wave to the Creator of all things. He in return fills my heart with unexplainable sense of love and adoration.

My King and Creator, your Lord and mine sits on the Throne sending His love passing the gates of heaven, passing Orion's belt, passing the planets and stars, passing the atmosphere of earth, to the habitants of the world.

Orion is God's place in the heavens.

No comments: